Saturday, October 24, 2009

Temptation Overcome

So the last 6 weeks I've been studying for my Level 6 NZ Resuscitation Certificate. This requires alot of reading I mean alot, more than New Moon. Friday came, the exam included written and pratical, it started at 8.30am and finish at 2.30pm. Well talk about stressful it reminded me of my nursing state finals. The morning started with a hiss and quiet a bit of head banging on the desk as I attempted to complete the written part of the exam. I must say the question were very misleading and written way to small and too close together. The questions were true/false and you had to scratch a box. I generally answer the question I know and leave the others to go back too (bad mistake) Because the question were small and close together I somehow manage to miss some questions BLAST!!! So after that I had a strong feeling the written part did not go to well. A 10min break and it was straight into the practical side. We were placed into groups and given a scenario each member had to be the team leader. When it was my turn I totally felt useless and I really didn't feel it went very well. I was so stressed out and when the instructor said "Paula you look like your're going to cry" and so thats exactly what I did (how embarrassing!) Timeout was needed so hot milo and a couple of biscuits later I mange to pull myself together and continue with the scenario. NOOOOOOOOOO!! the instructor pointed to me again and said "Paula you will be team leader again, just believe in yourself" Yeah right I was thinking. The next scenario was completed and it was ok but could have been better. Another 10min break and then it was skill testing station time. Again more stress and nerves and if I have learn't anything leave the best til last not the worst. I passed the skills stations and then we had to go to the office to find out our written results and as I predicted I failed BLAST!
Our group sat down to re-evaluate the day and we all agreed it was a CRAP day. This prompted one of the girls to suggest we go to the pub and get drunk. Oh, how I was tempted, I felt so bad and disappointed and really stressed out because I have to resit it again. The idea of loosing myself in alcohol sounded great for awhile until everyone was leaving to go.
Listen to a still small voice, listen listen. When you have to make a choice. He will guide you ALWAYS came into my thoughts. I knew right then that that tune was a prompting for me to choose the right. I told the team I didn't drink and that I'll just scoff a whole cake of chocolate instead. As we departed our ways a feeling of peace came over me and homeward bound I went.
How was I blessed by chosing the right? Well that night Dave and I got dressed up as vampires Edward and Bella (although Amiee thought we looked more like Jasper and Alice) and went to a famous couples house warming party. What a great time we had love it love it!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are awesome! I am sorry about your no good, terrible day. How blessed you are to have good friends!! Sounds like a fun night!! Hang in there.. you will get it next time.

Angela said...

Oh man, I had no idea you'd had such a stinker! I'm so glad you made it to the party! YOU'RE AWESOME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails