Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Baptism Anniversary

Desterney Newton, Luke Mendenhall, Dave, me, Phil & Nicholas Fisher
That's right today Dave and I celebrate our 7th baptism anniversary. Yes married one day and baptised the next you could say it was a full on weekend. We didn't even get to sleep in, in our honeymoon suite because we had to be at the chapel by 8am to be prep. Ceremony started at 08.30am and we had to be finished before the St Clair meetings started. Mormon time is a late start and Dave and Phil held up time too because bits of Dave's body didn't want to be baptised so three dips later it was done n dusted.
At 12pm we were confirmed members and given a blessing. A magical moment and you could say I was glowing with happiness. Thus our journey began..........
What a journey it has been 7 years of blessings with a few trials along the way. The best blessing of all time is our children Nicholas and Kate. What a joy to have them in our lives, so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed us with two beautiful children. I never really realised how privileged we are to have children until joining the church. I knew that with parenting came responsibilities but being in the gospel shines a whole new light of what responsibility really is.
I have two other beautiful children Stacey and Ben who were not brought up in the gospel (although they both have joined) I feel as a mum I let them down immensely and I think it was due to a lack of knowledge and what being a parent really meant.
I feel that Heavenly Father has given me a second chance at being a mum again. Now that I have a loving supportive husband, the gospel, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ on my side, surely its a great recipe for Nicholas and Kate to have a great foundation to build on.
Second best blessing being sealed as a family for eternity.
Third best blessing: having awesome friends in the gospel that love you no matter what.
I am so happy that I made a good choice seven years ago.
Luke Mendenhall, me, Dave and Phil

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful

Anne-Marie said...

Wow - Everyone looks kind of the same but different - except Dave - still tall and skinny!!! Lol....and Phill looks the same just with less hair!! even more LOL!!!
Love you muchly my darling xxx Aren't you glad you let me talk you into it tee hee!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails