Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Blast from the Past

While ramaging through the wedding photos to add to my last stories I managed to find other photos of me as a child. My school photo of me when I was 8years old. We had the coolest school and just recently through facebook I learn't that they demolished my old school to waste millions of dollars to build another one on the same site of course. Totally horrified to learn about this and yes I did cry. Why you ask?? As a child my home life was somewhat sad and school was my haven where I felt safe and funny enough loved. Where there was no alcohol, no violence, no being beaten. The teachers at my school were awesome caring and look after me and my brother gave us great support. To be honest I hated when 3pm came I would have stayed at school all day and all night. All my schooling days from 5years old til 17yrs old were spent at Kurow Area so I feel I had a right to shed some tears.
The buildings my have been demolished but the memories will remain in my heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails