Monday, October 05, 2009

Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary

October is a busy month for the Finnie family with Nicholas birthday and wedding/baptism anniversaries its all rather exciting. Last year Dave and I totally forgot our anniversary because Nicholas celebrated his 5th birthday and we were too busy focusing on the big event that a week later I happen to mention to Dave I'm sorry honey I forgot happy anniversary. Stunned look on Daves face said it all.
Yesterday being fasting Sunday I bore my testimony and I happen to mention our anniversary among other stuff. When I sat down Dave leans over and said thank you!!! I looked at him with a curious face??? He leans over again I totally forgot (saved by the testimony).
Being our 7th anniversary the traditional gift is wool so I manager to get Dave a merino wool sweater its very fine and quiet lovely (I hope), Dave is some what fussy when it comes to clothes as I have learn't year after year.
Our wedding day was small and yet big in spirit. The thing I loved most about the day was our family/friends involvement Annemarie and Kate singing, Craig taking the photos, Mum Finnie making the cake, Phil our bestman, Ben giving me away, Stacey my flower girl, Kate playing the guitar while I sang to Dave. Annemarie making us a beautiful basket of treats and placing them in our honeymoon suite.
Friends/family coming from a far to share our special day. I even wrote a letter to the Mission President to ask permission for an Elder to come to the wedding. Elder Mendenhall taught Dave and I the first discussion and he was so passionate and a very humble missionary who put up with my bawling and melodramatic episodes. He was allowed to come which was a double blessing as he was able to baptise me the following day.
I truly awesome day and even though it was a typical snowy spring day it was was filled with warmth by the love of those who surrounded us.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm really happy you blogged about your wedding and put up your wedding pictures on Facebook. I (obviously) wasn't around for your wedding, but this makes me feel like I got to see it just a little bit. Congrats!

Mandy said...

Wonderful post! Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails