Friday, February 12, 2010

Preserving Season

Prepared Apricots

Its that time of the season where I get out my preserver and do apricots, peaches, nectarines, to replemish my stock. I really enjoying preserving. The trick to great preserving is the prep work. My preserving does not include sugar which MM really likes and it saves money.


  

I like to arrange the fruit very neatly and try not to get burn't at the same time





Placing them into the boiling water is somewhat of a challenge I really should get some preserving tongs




The finished products
 
The most annoying part of preserving is preparing peaches and nectarines because they are so attached to their stone.  They never look that pretty in the jar not like apricots do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails