Wednesday, February 03, 2010

New School New Day

Today Nicholas started his new school. I arrived home from work and he was all dressed in his new uniform he had had his breakfast and now he was waiting to go. I asked him how he was feeling "A little bit nervous" 8.40am rolls around and we leave to go to school. I must admit I was feeling a bit nervous myself and a little bit tearful. We parked up on the drop off site only spot (naughty) but hey first day right? Waited in the foyer and the receptionist took us to his classroom. His teacher was very nice and took Nicholas books off me and she would sought that out. Nicholas was looking for his buddy as they are in the same class this year (thank goodness). The Mendy car pulls up and the two boys roll out the car Nicholas very excited runs to greet them. Nicholas buddy was not in his uniform not a good sign. He was sick OH NO!!!
The bell rang and Nicholas clung to me like a leach. Mendy 2 came into the classroom and him and Nicholas sat together that went well then after roll call Mendy 2 had to go home. A good opportunity for me to exit as well??? Wrong!! Nicholas came after me so I took him back and sat with him. The whole class went for a walk around the school which was good for us newbies and it was at that time the teacher told me to go.
I gave Nicholas a big cuddle and told him I was going that he will be fine and that I will see him after school. He looked up at me with his big beautiful brown eyes and they were filled with big tears and they rolled down his cheek and his arms reached out to me "MUM" at which time the teacher intervened "come on Nicholas lets go back to class and let mum go home" Oh my walking away was the hardest thing I had to do, I was holding back the tears until I got to the car and my heart was aching.
I rang the school later and they told me he was OK (but was he?) I couldn't wait until 3pm, and yes he had survived the day. When I talked to his teacher she informed me that he went and sat at his desk with his sweatshirt over his head and waited for a while then he slowly joined in.
I asked him how his day went he replied "I was really scared when you left but then I became brave again" Mendy 1 who is older was really kind and went to play with Nicholas at playtime and lunch time.
The highlight for Nicholas was going home on the school bus with Mendy 1 whilst I followed in the car. Well done Nicholas you are a very very brave boy!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails