Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bec & Rod's Wedding


So at last the big day finally came for Bec and Rod.  I work with Bec on nightshift and for the past year I have watched her make all the invitations and organise the guest list and listen to the stories of what will happen on the day. I saw the dress and also watched her loose weight and turned into a fitness freak running duathalons and triathalons.  I also heard about the honeymoon they are spending 5 weeks in USA and she and Rod are snowboarding in Utah.

After all that I was lucky enough to get invited I tried to get onto the wedding party but unfortunately Becky was fit and well to do the job. Even though I tried to think of ways to poison her or wished she broke a bone.  I was much satified to go as a guest.


The Finnie's

The day in Wanaka was beautiful and very warm.  We arrived early enough to see an awesome view.  It was great to see a few familiar faces from work and others who use to work in Dunedin but have since gone over to Aussie.  


The crew

After three attempts of getting the music right Bec made her way out from the bush with her lovely bridesmaids.  She looked stunning its amazing how a dress can look totally different on someone else  when you seen it in a picture.  Her hair was gorgeous and I loved her flowers.


Waiting for the bride


Here she comes




The ceremony was very special.  Rod had grown two rose bushes in separate tubs and they gifted them to the parents so they would remember the day. The roses were called everlasting love.  They also had both sets of parents give a blessing on their wedding rings.  They had a candle burning throughout the ceremony to remember those who had passed on.  All very special moments in the ceremony. When they recited their vows they both had "one liners" that they promised each other they would or wouldn't do.



Kate & Bec

After the ceremony Kate had been playing with the horseshoe and when I asked her to give it to Bec she wasn't very happy about it (hence the face).



The Happy couple

The reception was amazing great venue lovely cold drinks, food that was unbelievable like fresh blue cod and marinated chicken meat and lots of salads and new potatoes and more...... I managed to have seconds and still have room for dessert which again was divine


Mark, Erin & Mel


The Cake


Rod's sister made the cake and OH MY!! it was divine the yummiest chocolate cake ever and I ate alot of it my waist line needed a good workout.  Luckily for me there was a dance after dinner and so I danced the night away well until 1.30am when the band was shut down. I had a great time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails