Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The BIG Day Out


My group


Yesteday Nicholas and I went on a school trip with 45 pupils, 8 teachers, and some parents.  We met at the school watching the little people load up on the bus was very exciting.  The teachers went on the bus whilst the parents took cars. I was fortunate to have two parents in my car to keep me company and to to keep me awake.

Our first stop was Waihola where we had morning tea and the children has a toilet stop and a play. 



At Waihola


Morning tea time

Then it was off to our next destination which was Berwick camp site where the year 6 were camping there this week.  It was a beautiful and hot day.  The camp  site was amazing and it did bring back fond memories of my school camp days.

Berwick Camp

Each parent or teacher were assigned 4 or 5 pupils to look after.  My little cherubs were very well behaved and we had a great time.  The year 6 children showed us around the camp site and demonstrated activities that they do at camp.  Most of the juniors were keen to have a go but alas were not permitted.












Archery Demonstration















Kyaking

After the tour of the camp site it was time for lunch.  We all sat under a huge tree which was fantastic, it kept us shaded and yet we could still enjoy the sun.  After lunch we played lots of games.  We were split into 10 groups and had races.  I find it fasinating how little people don't quite grasp the concepts of instuctions. A example was asking my group to line up in a straight line behind the leader.  They managed to stand up and some were beside the leader and others went to other lines.












Tabloid Sport Groups






The train race

We had a great time and we left camp at 2pm and headed back to school.  I love being a helper at school outings the children are wonderful and they always make me laugh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails