Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthday Surprise

Yesterday was my 41st birthday.  As I worked the night before most of my birthday was spent in bed sleeping.  When I woke my husband had organised with Amiee to look after the children (sorry Ange I had no idea but I will be calling on you sooner than you think).  He wanted me to meet him in town so he could take me shopping and out for dinner.  So I dropped the children off and headed to town however I received a phone call from Alice my dads wife.  My dad was in hospital having tests and needed to stay in Dunedin overnight.  I offered a bed and too my surprise they accepted.  So that you understand dad and my relationship is rear (once in a blue moon). I never in a million years would have my dad stay at my house.  What a wonderful birthday surprise unfortunately we never got to have dinner but it was worth missing out just to have dad stay over.  My husband surprise was getting me an i-phone so cool I love it!!!!! Farewell telecom XT and hello vodaphone.

I was a little nervous about dad staying as we never done this thing before.  What would we talk about? Can dad hold a conversation? How would Dave react? What about the children?  Would we be comfortable around each other.  Well the answer to all the above was everything was great.  I went off to work feeling warm and fuzzy. 

Highlights for my birthday: 
  • Getting texts from my family mum was the first to text me, followed by my brother Robin
  • Actually sleeping without cooking in the heat
  • Lots of birthday wishes on facebook
  • Amiee made me a cake
  • Kate made me a card at Montessori
  • My I-PHONE!!!!!
  • my dad staying over
  • choosing 2 nice shirts for Dave in less than 30mins whilst he was there
Downer:

  • getting an unwanted womans cycle (too much info sorry) but the highlights so outweighed the downer.

My dad and Alice left this morning to go home and just as he left he slipped me two purple notes.  It reminded me when I was a little girl dad would have money in his pocket and he would ask us what colour money we liked. Pete liked the blue ones $10 and I like the green ones $20 but the purple ones $50 were my favourite.  Thanks dad love ya

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails