Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bex's Hen's Night


















Next weekend my buddy and co-worker Bex is taking the plunge and getting married.
Elaine (our boss) organised a hens dinner. The last hens night I went to was my own which was rather great fun. (remember the pole Amiee?)
We started the night off with nibbles and drinkies before Leeanne whipped into the first game of the evening. We had to bring something blue and place it in a bag to which we all had to close our eyes and guess the object.
Later on we had a fantastic potluck tea with some yummy food not to mention my funeral potatoes. Elaines sister from Canada made an awesome 7 layered dip it contained sour and cream cheese, mince mixture, layers of salad. I can't wait to make it myself and serve it to my darling friends



















Game 2 involved decorating undies for Bex. I'm not that creative unfortunately but Bex and I share a love for Twilight and she loves the Edward camp where I'm for Jacob. Of course I didn't win the wearable arts reward that went to Mary who created from the front a awesome ski slope with Bex skiing down it and the back end was a tropical beach resort. This symbolised there honeymoon as they are going to America and Fiji for 5 wonderful weeks. Bex and Rod are going skiing in Utah and she is going to take a picture of the temple for me.





















Game 3 again was to be creative not my forte unfortunately. We were given a piece of play dough and were asked to create an object or something you would find or see at a wedding. Can you guess which one is mine???? Again I didn't win but the bride to be was voted best with the beautiful yellow rose. Have you guessed mine yet??? Did you say the plate of food with the serviette then you are correct. Bangers and mash with peas a perfect wedding breakfast.


















The favourite part of the evening was this awesome chocolate fountain. This was our dessert along with fresh fruit and mashmellow we also had rice pudding, ambrosia, triffle and pavalova. I just stuck with the chocolate fountain and ended up with lots of chocolate on my clothes. This is a must thing I should buy to me from me.



















Game 4 was another creative game that involved a heap of toilet paper and skills to create a wedding dress. I was lucky to have such a creative team and we manage to make Rambha (the middle bride) into a beautiful toilet paper bride. A very enjoyable evening was had by all.

All the best Bex for your future and I look forward to seeing you in Wanaka on the 20th xxx.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails