Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tee Ball Frustration

Nicholas has joined the schools Tee-ball team and yes you guessed it somehow, somewhere in a conversation with a school teacher I became the coach of this team. I even told the teacher I'm not a kind coach and I don't believe in praise unless they deserve it and I'm really tough and that the player of the day will go to the person who deserves it not because they're in the team. To my amazement the teacher said you'll be perfect??????
So now I'm tee-ball coach with 12 children "LET THE FUN BEGIN" I have practices at lunchtime on Wednesday and overall my team is really good considering most of the players are first timers.
Saturday arrives and we gather at diamond 14 and meet the opposition. They appeared to be a well oiled machine due to the uniforms they were wearing. Now each side keeps tabs of their own teams scoring (which is stupid needs a partial scorer). But the game goes on and the Mornington Majors (my team) played so well great feilding and we are very lucky to have a solid Samoan boy who can hit, so our batting was awesome. The game continues and each time we got the score card back from the opposition they would just score all 9 players got home. This was not right (here comes the competitive side of me). The last innings they were batting, bases were loaded final batsman steps up to the plate hits the ball and we field very well i.e. ball was sent home this means players are out. When I got the score card the lady had score all 9 kids home. She then informed me it was a draw "REALLY I SAID" she left and I was standing there in disbelife and to top it off they took our ball. I was not happy so I took the score card to the officials and told them the play and they informed she was wrong and so 3 runs were taken off. New score Mornington Majors 23 Cardinals 20. Win to us!!!
The frustrating thing about this game is no-one knows the rules or they make them up and dodgy scoring. My team will be back to triumph next Saturday.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Boo! I want to come and be an umpire because I actually DO know the rules! I played softball for three years, and it was a lot of fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails