Tuesday, November 17, 2009

End of an Era

Nanna and I have been visiting teacher companions for 4 years and just recently the relief society have had a reshuffle thus my companionship with Nanna has ended. Today we visited our sisters for the final time and it was really emotional for me. I have had 4 years of being with the most spiritual, loving, kind, and humble person. Nanna is always giving she is selfless and I have been able to learn so much from her and the sisters we have visited. I'll always remember my first few visits to a less active sister..... Her husband would always grunt and then take himself off outside. Now he always says hi to me and smiles and he always acknowledges Kate even though he still thinks she a boy, and although he never took part in our discussions he would quietly sit in the lounge and ponder over the newspaper but I'm sure he was listening to us chat about the gospel and our Saviour. The rapport I built with this couple was amazing and so today as I thanked them for allowing me into their home I did shed a couple of public tears. So as one chapter ends another one begins and so I look forward to visiting new sisters with my new companion.

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a great "trainer" she was for you! Just like a mish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails