Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The tummy bug

After spending the day with Kate, Meikyja and Asha (who previously had the bug). My family has been hit with the tummy bug. First I awoke on Friday 1.30 am to this roaring noise. I jumped out of bed to discover vomit running down my wall and the guest bathroom floor/carpet covered in vomit and Ben's head down the toilet. Oh no Ben I thought he is suppose to be at a "on the job experience" at McDonald's in 3 hours Noooooooooo is all I could think of. This wont look good if he doesn't make it. I hoped it was just a random spew but alas it was not to be as he continued throughout the night. I believe I smelt very bad after the big clean up how could someone have so much vomit. Again the job at McDonald's was playing on my mind so at 4.30 am I drove to McDonald's and talked to the manager explaining Ben's position and that he really wanted the job. Lucky, he rescheduled Ben for today. The amazing thing about going to McDonald's at 4.30 am was the amount of drunken people there eating (well trying too). Most of them were just abusive, loud, pigs. As for the young girls they too were very intoxicated and one girl was laying on the stairway showing her morning glory whilst some guy was trying to pick her up. All I could think of was I am so blessed to be in the gospel and that my girls/boys were tucked up safely in bed.
Hoping the tummy bug was just a one off alas it struck again this time Dave and although he didn't vomit he was totally whacked and felt very nauseous. The funny thing about Dave is he woke on Saturday morning at 6am and felt really sick. His cure was to go for a 3 hour run but it didn't cure him at all. At this stage I was feeling a little queasy but nothing has come of it thank goodness.
Saturday night I was putting Nicholas to bed when he said "mummy I have a sore tummy" Oh no another long night for me. I put a town on his bed and said if you are going to be sick please be sick in the towel try really hard not to get it on the carpet. Bless him I went back a little later and he had been sick and he didn't get any on the carpet but because his vomit was a thick consistency he managed to perfectly vomit on top of his bookcase (sorry if this is grossing anyone out). As a nurse you get use to talking about poos, wees and other gross stuff. Easily to clean up and 3 pairs of P.J's and 2 sets of sheets the worst of the vomiting was over and Yeah none on the carpet.
Meanwhile Kate 08 has diarrhoea and very smelly little girl but touch wood no vomiting. So now we wait to see if Alison catches the bug so far so good!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

This very bug was Haki's cause to forbid me attending church Sunday before last. We'd caught wind of its spread, and he was determined I would not go "play in Primary" with the sick children. Sure enough, vomit made an appearance AT church that very Sunday. Yikes! I hope Alison stays all clear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails