Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Date

Its been at least 3 or 4 years since Dave and I have been out on a date. I know its amazing but since Nicholas was born Dave is very I mean very protective of his son and moreso now that Kate is here. He finds it hard to leave them hence we have not been out together on our own for such a long time.
Anyway on Thursday night I was on facebook attending my garden patch and my fish pond when I noticed Ange was on line alas a conversation commenced and Dave and I thought it would be good to have Haki and Ange over to play Aquire. Ange replied love to but they were off to the pictures to see Wolverine. Lucky them I thought I wish I could go!! I said to Dave "could we please go with Haki and Ange to the pictures?" I hadn't even asked Ange if we could butt in on their date. (I think I was expecting Dave to say no for two reason its a week night and he doesn't like to go out then and second he couldn't possibly leave the children). To my amazement he said do you think Alison would look after the children for us??? Nearly falling off my seat with shock I said of course she would as I lept from my chair and ran into the lounge to ask Alison. Yes she said. So back onto the net and asked Ange if we could come too? Ange being the beautiful person that she is said YES and even more cool Haki and Ange would pick us up.
Children still up YIKES have to move fast bye Ange see you soon. Dave tended to Nicholas who was trying to convince his dad please dad can I come I'll be good. I attended to Kate who was most surprised to be getting her night time top up early. As usual when your're trying to get organised and get children to sleep they tend to pick up on the excitement of mum and wont settle as good as you would like. So out comes mum magic back rub and a soft little song and YES she's fast asleep.
Whilst all this was going on Haki and Ange were outside waiting and bless them instead of coming in and knocking on the door they text us and waited patiently. 2020 out the door lept into the car I was so excited and Dave seemed very relaxed. We held hands it was gooey but cool.
The movie was awesome, the company real awesome, the date a success.
NB The coolest thing was Haki and Ange take their own supply of treats which they shared with us. I hope we can go on more dates now that Dave can trust someone with our children.
Thanks so much Haki and Ange for allowing us to share your date with us. I know that alone time is really important and precious for you and Haki before the exciting arrival of your little one.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Please deliver this message to Dave:

Dave, seriously. It's okay to leave your kids with other folks. Take a few deep breaths, and take you wife on a few nice dates!


I'm glad you guys had a fun date.

Angela said...

May it be the first of many!

Ana said...

Huzzah! A date!! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails