Monday, May 25, 2009

District Conference

This weekend we had district conference. Apart from the cold wet weather it was a very awesome weekend. Here are the highlights:

Saturday 4pm Session

  • focused on going to the temple, temple work
  • Elder Roberts grandchildren reciting Article of Faith
  • parenting children/youth
  • family home evening
  • technology good/bad

Saturday 6.30pm

  • Lots of pizza (went really fast)
  • Kate's yummy fruit salad
  • Dave took children home

Saturday Concert

  • Meikyja and Kate singing (awesome)
  • Melissa and Theressa beautiful
  • YSA Island dance trip (Elder Price awesome haka!!!!!!!)
  • The quartet good job with Somewhere over the Rainbow
  • Scotty poor wayfaring man song lovely

Sunday Session

  • Having Ben and Stacey in the choir with me
  • Nicholas stayed with us and drew great pictures
  • New District Presidency (Geoff Mitchell, Jason Gaskill and Steve Smith)
  • New converts testimony (Invercargill branch)
  • Sister Fortune and Brother Smith testimony
  • Elder Roberts talk
  • Staying awake (worked on Saturday night)

Although I spent most of my time in the foyer with Kate and didn't get to hear all the talks I still really love going to conference and feeling the spirit and being among other members.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you! I love that you shared this.

Anne-Marie said...

You are too sweet right now in my mind!! Like too much chocolate!!! Just can't resist another piece!! mmmm. I have to say though that I'm a little concerned you don't remember the name of the song we sang brilliantly together - try a little further "out there" than "over the rainbow"!!!! I'll blame sleep deprivation!!
Love you lots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails