Monday, May 18, 2009

My Old School

This is my school where I spent 13 wonderful years at. When I was 5years old it was Kurow District High School. Our uniform was a black gym frock with a white shirt and white sock and black shoe. The big girls were allowed to wear black pantie hose. My teacher was Miss Karen Gately and she was very pretty and lovely. I don't know when the name of the school changed but for most of my schooling it was Kurow Area School. Like I said I spent all my childhood at this school and I loved my school I didn't even want to leave. Anyway the reason why I write this is I just found out through Face book that they have demolished the old school I am so shattered I can't believe it and then the story goes on to say they are spending over $3-4 million if not more to build a new school WHY????? I ask myself. I wish I had heard about this sooner I think I may have gone there and chained myself to the building. This part of the school they demolished was the primary section the building itself had 6 massive classrooms I remember the big long corridor and how we use to run wild down that corridor and get told off. The top picture is where the main office/principal was and the sick bay. The bottom picture is the NE class and each year you would move along the long brick building it was so exciting moving classes each year. Even as I write this blog I'm in utter shock and I'm filled with sadness. I remember in 1982 we celebrated the schools centenary oh what a blast we had as students. I was 13years old we gathered icons and other stuff and put them in a time capsule which was buried outside the new gymnasium. Oh so many memories. I suppose that's all I have now since the building is gone I just assumed it would be there forever!!!! (Still sad). RIP old building you may be gone but your memories will forever live on.
New Entrance classroom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails