Monday, May 18, 2009

The Trip to the Musem

Our dear friends Kate, Craig, Meikyja and Asha are back from sunny Aussie. It is so awesome to have them here, I haven't seen them for at least 2 years. I went to visit them last Wednesday and to be honest the weather has been rather wet. So being couped up inside for days is not something they were use too. Sensing the cabin fever I suggested I take them to the musem for an outing. So Kate, Meikyja, Asha, Ben, baby Kate and myself piled into the car and headed to town. Not wanting to panic about getting back to school to pick up Nicholas I made an executive decision to pick him up early, after all we were going to the musem that in itself is educating. We arrived at the Musem at 2pm the kids were so excited and bouncing off the walls. The Musem is such a great place to go and it entertains all ages I love it. Nicholas had a great idea (as usual) that Meikyja and Asha would really love it in Discovery Time (so would Nicholas). How could I say no, so off to discovery time we all went. Nicholas was right it was so much fun even baby Kate was running around pushing buttons and she loved walking on the the large keyboard that plays and lights up when you step on the keys. We all ventured into the tropical butterfly place and Kate felt more at home as it was hot and stuffy. Asha was really interested in the butterflies that she insisted on finding out how they are put together by pulling them apart first!!!!! Meikyja did not like her sister doing that and tears were shed. Lucky for the little quail birds they could run faster than Asha as I'm sure she had plans for them!!!!!!! We had a lovely time that is was 4.45pm before we left and I was blessed because I only paid the metre til 3.30pm and alas no parking ticket. Nicholas suggested they come back to our house for tea and Meikyja wanted pasta great idea and pasta so easy. On Sunday at church Meikyja made me a lovely card to thank me for the outing it was so lovely and Kate baked me some cookies YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails