Sunday, November 07, 2010

Temple Week Day 3

Leading up to the temple trip I had prepared some relatives names to have work done for them and so I headed up to the temple first thing so the youth could do baptisms.  How awesome that felt.

Most mornings at home the TV is going to entertain the children whilst I get breakfast.  By day 3 we had forgotten we didn't have a TV the children had found colouring in and playing with their toy a cool thing to do. Doing things together as a family was a great feeling.

Dave went for his usual run and then we walked up to the temple.  Im sure Dave was feeling if not more nervous as I did the previous day.  He too missed his buddy Phil,  but I told him Roy would be waiting for him inside.  He made his way inside and the children and I decided to go back to the visitors centre.  Before we went Nicholas wanted a photo of him sitting outside the temple.





We spent over 2 hours in the visitors centre we had that much fun.  Highlight was when an Elder was showing Nicholas and Kate all the different temples in the world.  In his cool American accent he told Nicholas that when he is a big boy he would be able to go inside the temple and see how beautiful they are.  Nicholas response "well actually I've already been inside the temple" the Elder said "you have what a special boy you are" Nicholas "Kate has too but she didn't see because she was in mums tummy" The Elder laughed.

At 1pm we saw daddy come out of the temple.  He was a different man the frowns on his forehead had gone he was smiling and it was a joy to see.  As we walked back to the apartments he told me his concerns and it was so nice to know what he was feeling and that it wasn't me etc.

We went out for lunch and went to the swimming pool which was a big disappointment. Highlight at the pool was meeting a little girl:

Little girl: "whats her name"
Me: "Kate"
LG: "who"
Me: "Kate"
LG:  "what"
Me:  "Kate"
LG: "cake"
Me:  "No K A T E"
LG: "thats weird"
Me: "really!  What's your name?"
LG: "Rangima.........??????"
Me: "What"
LG: "they call me mamma for short"

Back at the apartments Dave and I left the children with the Jenners and went to the temple together.  It was the best thing for us to go as husband and wife to sit in the celestrial room together and to have us time. Dave was able to do my grandfather endowment too. Knowing that we were departing the next day we knew the time we had at the temple was one of testing and conquering. Dave is keen to go next year and hopefully time it, so our other friends are there too.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm glad you were able to go! I know how hard it is to make that journey from Dunedin, and your post reminded me of how lucky I am to live so close to a temple. (Well, several, actually.)

Angela said...

That interaction between you and the little girl - oh my goodness, hysterical. I had to read it out loud to Haki. SO funny.

Unknown said...

Man you guys are my heros. Just being reading through some of your posts (instead of working) and good to see you guys had an awesome temple trip its so worth it especially coming all the way up from the infamous Dunedin. Anyways congratualtions again hope all is well.

Arohanui

Unknown said...

Sorry just in case your not sure who this is its Desterney formally known as Elder Newton, Mana is my sons name, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails