Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Primary Presentation 2010



I was feeling rather nervous on Sunday.  All the songs we have worked on over the year were about to be put on display for the congregation.  With 26 children ranging from 4yrs to 12yrs all seated the Primary Presentation began.

Some children had speaking parts either scriptures or talks they had given over the year during closing exercises.   Some of the boys sang solos or duets.  We had harmonies and split parts (A Child's Prayer).  Between each theme/scripture or talk we would perform a song.  I was so very proud of all the children they never let me down and most if not all remembered the words to all the songs.  These children do not have words in front of them when they sing, they are amazing.

Highlights for me:  The boys who sang Follow the Prophet, (no words), watching Ammon lean over the microphone (he's very tall),  nearly butting in on Matthews part,  A Child's Prayer, Junior closing remarks so fitting and beautiful and finally giving out cookies/lollipops at the end.

Another successful Primary presentation completed.  I love my calling I am so blessed to have awesome kids to teach.  I now look forward to 2011 with a new theme and a new Presidency.  The CD already ordered and on its way to me I'm excited already :-)


1 comment:

Sherry said...

I know that we are not supposed to "aspire" to any callings, but I would LOVE to be Primary song leader one day. And I've been in several Primaries, and you are one of the best song leaders I've ever seen! Truly! I LOVED watching you in '08 with all your hand motions and enthusiasm. I know that the kids really know the songs because you must be such a good teacher! Plus, you teach them harmonies. That is impressive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails