Saturday, November 06, 2010

Temple Week Day 2

Our drive to Hamilton was uneventful, children slept whilst hubby and myself took in the scenery.  By the time we arrived into Hamilton it was dusk and as we approached the temple we could see it glowing in all its glory.  The children were awake and were excited to see the temple.  Nicholas was explaining to Kate how he had been inside the temple and how Kate was in my tummy when she went in.  Very cute conversation. 

We collected our key to the temple apartments and proceeded to unload the car.   A sense of relief to have arrived safely, as we entered our accomodation the first thing everyone noticed was NO TV!!!!! Amazingly enough Dave was the one who screwed up his nose the most and protested. I'm generally the TV addict.

For the first time we had to think about what we were going to do to entertain ourselves without the TV (challenging).  We drove back to Dinsdale to get some supplies and dinner and stopped outside the visitors centre to view the temple.


Back at the apartment we were putting the children to bed when there was a knock at the door.  It was Elder Donaldson (Matty) what a pleasant surprise.  It was lovely to catch up and that was one way we entertained ourselves without the TV.

Tuesday came and Dave went for his morning run. I was getting ready to go into the temple for the first time in 4years.  I was totally nervous and as I walked to the temple I text Amiee for support my heart was pounding and concentrating on my text to Amiee I walked into a pole ÖUCH". I missed not having my best friend with me to hold my hand.  I stood in front of the temple contemplating my options (to go or not to go in). A couple came out and saw me they approached me to see if I was ok (I must have looked terrified).  I explained my predicament and they were so helpful and I am so grateful they came out when they did.  I took a deep breathe and told myself I can do this on my own and entered the building.

The beauty and peacefulness was overwhelming I could feel the spirit strongly and for two hours a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  As I walked back to the apartments I felt light uplifted and refreshed.  Unfortunately it all came crashing down when I walked into the apartment to "What took you so long"  Hello reality!!! Luckliy I had been inside the temple and still feeling calm and peaceful my response was of the same nature.

We decided to go and explore Hamilton so we went to the Base, a huge shopping mall had lunch and a bit of shopping.  We finished off the day at the Hamilton lakeside.  The kids played and we admired the view and the sunset it was lovely.








When we got back to the apartments we saw the "Jenners"and discovered they were our next door neighbours.  Lorraine had offered to look after the children whilst Dave and I went to the temple together.  Dave still wasn't keen to go and so Roy and Dave had a talk.  Later on Dave returns and I'm not sure what happened but Dave had decided to go with Roy tomorrow.  We went out for dinner and on the way back the visitors centre was still open so we went inside the children loved it.  Kate just wanted to hear Jesus talking and Nicholas loved the LDS video ads.  The children did not want to leave so I told them we would visit again tomorrow while daddy was inside the temple.

Whilst settling the children to sleep Kate asked me "what would Jesus say to me mummy?" I told her he would tell her that she was a special little girl and that he loved her.  Kate nodded and then she said "and keep his commandments and love one another" super cute answer.  She had obviously listened to the big statue of Jesus in the visitors centre.

Sleep well Finnie Family

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails