Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Engagement


On Saturday, after TBall I went into town with the children to meet Ben and Shenelle for a cuppa.  I haven't seen Ben for about 3 months and it was nice to see him looking healthy and happy.  We went to Mojo and whilst we organising what we wanted to eat, Shenelle wasn't feeling well I joking said are you pregnant? They both said no, then came the BUT! as Ben grabs Shenelle's hand and flashed a beautiful diamond on her finger "we're engaged.  Honestly my first thoughts were are you crazy? too young 18yrs, what the?????  After my brain had registered the fact, I could see these two people before me were very happy and committed. I am all for happiness!!! 

Since Shenelle has been living in Dunedin I have made the effort in getting to know her. I felt I had been somewhat harsh before I met her (being a protective mum).  I can honestly say I am very fond of her now.  She is a genuine person who portrays great qualities, she has her head screwed on right.  I have seen her beauty, her forgiving side, her generosity (even though I didn't get to go to the Vodaphone Music Awards), a great sense of humour,  she never pretended to be anything other than herself and she has never sucked up to me or call me mummy or invaded my space.  I love that she is honest with me and I can see she makes my son Ben very happy.  I am proud that she has completed her course and already has a job.  I know the rest of the family like her as well. I am very happy she is part of our family.

I gave them both a hug and congratulated them and just advised them not to rush into things ie babies, enjoy being young and having you time.  Get money behind ya and set yourselves up properly.

Its a funny good feeling the thought of being a mother in law and gaining a daughter. 



1 comment:

nellie83 said...

Awwww Thankyou Paula =]
I almost don't know what to say. We're both really happy that you're supportive of our decision!! Thanks again
xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails