Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's back to Elmgrove

So last term Nicholas started at a new school Elmgrove and alas only lasted 1 week at which time he really wanted to go back to his old school in Mornington.  At that time it really didn't seem that big of a deal.  I'd organised a ride into school everyday (thanks Mandy) and all that meant was for me to pick him up after school how hard could that be?  Well after having the school holidays I realised it means a big deal on my time and my wallet.  Admittedly I have been on holiday too thus travelling into town has not been on a regular basis.  Amazingly I have only had to fill my car with fuel once whereas before I was filling up twice a week thats $160 on gas only.  It has also meant I had to get up earlier so I can get into town to pick him up by 3pm and then scoot back by 3.15pm to get Kate from Montessorri its been somewhat crazy. However, I feel its really important that a child is happy at their school no matter what and so if thats what makes Nicholas happy then thats what you do.

Over the school holidays Nicholas has been hanging out alot with the Mendy boys and consequently has decided to return back to Elmgrove.  When I asked him why? Its cost you alot of money mum taking me to school everyday (I didn't even realised that I talked about the cost).  I told him that he didn't have to worry about the money that he needed to be happy at school. Nicholas said he would be happy back at Elmgrove (he calls it Almagrove funny). I also told him that he really needed to be sure about his decision because this would be the final change of schools. 
Well after two weeks he has assurred me that he is ready to give Elmgrove another go. Part of me is relieved but I am also very very nervous that it could all blow up in my face, fingers crossed.

Elmgrove here we come again!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails