Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

Due to shifting we missed spending Christmas with my brother in Ashvegas so we decided to see the New Year in with them. Packed the car with kids clothes and Dave's new road bike and off to Ashburton we go. We stopped off at Grandmas in Oamaru and the kids had a great time with Grandma reading stories to them and loading them up with lollies.
It seems to take longer to get to Ashburton than it does to drive back to Dunedin for some strange reason. However we finally make it to my brothers only to find they had gone away OOPS! sometimes surprises don't pay off. Luckily my nephew lives with them and he was home. So we made ourselves at home.
The kids are real townies and not use to animals. My brother has a life style block and has animals everywhere from Margaret the hen to Nick the horse. Cheri's race horse Chrystal recently gave birth to a massive foal and unfortunately the she died. Chester the foal is gorgeous and very friendly. Kate loved the horses but screamed at the cat and dogs. Nicholas also had a fascination with the horses he even walk through the paddock with horses in them without batting an eye lid but very stand offish when it came to the dogs and hens (strange children). Kate was very lucky she got to ride the pony and she couldn't stop talking about it.
My brother arrived home the next day and we still managed to see the new year in with him. I love my brother and his wife, I feel blessed to have such an awesome whanau.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails