Thursday, December 10, 2009

Helper of the year

Today while I was putting away the books at school the children were all sitting in the central area watching a video. When I finished doing my book duty I sat down to watch the video with the children. Once it finished Mrs Gray stood up the front and asked me to come up I looked at her strangely. Mrs Gray said Paula we want to embarrass you. Feeling my face get warm I went to the front. Mrs Gray spoke to the children about how I had help out of the school all year putting away books everyday and helping out at discovery time every Friday and PMP every Tuesday and they wanted to thank me. Then she pulled out a big card and gave it to me and the children gave me a big clap it made me cry. I will miss helping out at the school its been awesome to be able to give my time and feel apart of Nicholas's education. It was nice to know all the junior children by name and they always say hello to Kate and myself every morning.
The card design is from sewing wool around the letters. Some of the children done the sewing themselves Nicholas did the letter "T" It was appropriate for me because at discovery time I was always in charge of the sewing table. I loved sitting there and getting to know the children and I use to hear some fascinating stories. Inside all the children had written their names and drawn me a picture on their own individual card so cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails