Sunday, December 06, 2009

District Conference

This years District Conference was different from previous conferences that I have attended. Different because we didn't get to share a meal or do the Saturday night concert. Instead our concert slot was replaced with the adult session. (not impressed)
Conference hot topic was about unity. All three speakers were amazing and their talks linked together beautifully. The Mission President then wanted us to ask him question anything we liked. Would I ask him why we didn't have the concert????? (could I ????) Well after two or three questions from others from the congregation I built up enough courage to ask. His answer I felt was vague and to me his answer was "because I said so"
When I think about the hot topic of unity, the meal together and the concert is the unity part. Having all the other branches in Otago/Southland come together is awesome. The meal allows us to mingle and talk to the other people from other branches and the concert again allows us to have fun and watch the talented and the not so talented. I don't believe it takes away the spiritual feeling that the President suggested, but that's just my opinion.
Sunday session was spiritually up lifting as usual and the choir was amazing. Kate taught us well and she is so amazing. I was called as a councilor in the District Young Woman's (yikes what have I let myself in for??) I really hope this calling doesn't take me away from the one calling I truly love, my primary singers.
Apart from the disappointment of no concert or meal, conference overall was great

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails