Monday, August 03, 2009

Sunday Moments

Like most Sundays I'm always the first to get up and I'm always the person who is yelling "we leave in 5 minutes" I always wonder to myself what would happen if I didn't get up and just waited?................... No I won't try it cause I know we would not get to church.
I love fasting Sundays because I get to hear peoples testimonies and they always make me feel happy and warm inside and it always helps to strengthen my own.
Today Ben handed out the sacrament and his face was glowing with excitement he had the biggest smile on his face. As I watched from the stand I was so proud of him and a few tears escaped my eyes. Awesome Ben!!!
This of course filled my heart with the spirit that I needed to bear my testimony. I have a testimony of prayer. Seven years ago when Dave and I joined the church my main prayer was to have Stacey and Ben join the church and live with me again. After joining the church I had this notion my prayer would be answered immediately of course it didn't happen and for awhile I did have some doubts. However I continued to pray and have faith that Heavenly Father would answer me when the time was right. What a wonderful blessing that seven years on not only is Stacey and Ben living with/near me and in the church but I have Nicholas and Kate also growing up in the gospel. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and for our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Primary is always challenging/fun place to be. 4 years as the music leader and still these children amaze me. This years presentation will be awesome I have soloists and this month I'm teaching them the harmony for Families can be together forever. The Valiant's have already mastered the parts and the juniors, I am very confident that by week three they'll have it mastered as well.
I went visiting after church to Mosgiel, to take Baby Eden some of Kate clothes that she no longer needs. Nicholas and Kate accompanied me and both children loved playing with Eden and I got to have cuddles til at such time Eden needed a change (number 2's). Bye to them hello Jenkins family but alas not home. So lets visit the Amende family yeah they're home, quick visit and home to Dave who was baking yummy cookies.
I do love Sundays its the best day ever.
PS Farm town is doing well now that I can plant pumpkins which take 4 days to harvest so hopefully more blogging

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails