Monday, August 31, 2009

New Garden

I must be honest I am not the best gardener although I love looking at gardens. My garden at home is what you would call a MESS!!!! So I decided to get the professionals in to help me out.
Mr Nichol man arrived and looked and had heaps to say and I was really excited gave me ideas and made me feel better as my garden was designed for a person who doesn't have a life or a job and spends all day everyday in the garden. (NOT ME). I asked him when could he start and how much? He said I'll price it and send you a quote. The job included pulling out plants I wanted to keep, chopping down 3 shrubs, moving a Camellia brush, spraying, laying weed mate, mulching and replacing some plants. My own quote was maximum $1500-$2000 I received the quote and WOW total price $6500 no way I couldn't believe it. When I think of those make overs on TV the landscaping never ever came to that much someone is exaggerating!!!!!! What a RIP OFF!!!
Alas my perfect garden dreams are shattered!!! I showed Dave and he laughed and said he would do some of the suggestions himself. So, so far the 3 shrubs are gone Camellia moved and lots of weeding done awesome. Maybe my garden may happen I'll keep you posted and show pictures

1 comment:

Angela said...

We used "Jim's Mowing" to do the hedge at the place we had near you...his quote was a quarter of the price the first gardener gave! It's worth checking in with a second party to see if your garden dreams still CAN come true! Plus, the guy who did it was VERY honest, punctual, and hard-working. I'll email you a link!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails