Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Second Hand Dealer vs Trade-me

When the house was near completion Dave suggested we get rid of some furniture.  I really couldn't be bothered selling them on trade me so I called up the local second hand dealer.  He came around home to take a look.  On offer was the childrens tubular bunk beds, 1 cane chair, 1 rocking chair, 1 scotch drawers, 1 entertainment unit, and my beautiful dutchess only 2 years old and made from recycled pine.  The man appeared over his glasses and made a mmmmmmmmm sound.  He told me that he would get back to me but that the entertainment unit is not worth much because not many people are buying them these days, however he would take it off my hands.  He left and I wasn't feeling very confident about what he was going to offer me for all the stuff.  He phoned me later and informed me that he could stretch himself to offering me $200 for the lot.  I was very polite and said I would tell my husband and be back in touch.  When I finished on the phone all I could say was "ARE YOU SERIOUS"!!! my dutchess alone was $500 new.  Dave agreed and so this motivated me to try my luck on trademe.  Dave decided to keep the wooden rocking chair (yeah) I really liked that chair and Stacey wanted Dave's scotch drawers. 

So I listed the other four on trademe and waited for a response


The bunks starting bid $10, I was hoping to get at least $60-80 as they were 4-5 years old. 
Sold for $151.00



Cane Chair starting bid $1 sold for $5



The entertainment unit that noone would want, starting bid $10 sold for $150.00



My beautiful dutchess starting bid $100 and sold for $342.50

I am so so happy that I took the time to put them on trademe.  Sorry Mr Second-Hand Dealer you loose

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails