Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bathroom Disaster

The Main Bathroom

The day before we move in I went around to the house to find this disaster.  Thats right some intelligent person thought putting the heated towel rail behind the bathroom door was a great idea.  Dave (hubby/project manager) left instruction on where the rails were to go (can you see the white tape) but did they adhere to his instruction???? NO!!!  But wait theres more in the ensuite the towel rail was also placed incorrectly, what was this person thinking.  The nightmare about this was, the main bathroom has tiles on the floor and halfway up the wall.  To get this changed meant ripping off the tiles and hoping the gib board isn't destroyed too much. Reapply the protection coat and put two new tiles insitu. The ensuite not so bad as it just meant repositioning it  filling in the screw holes and repainting. 


The Ensuite

Dave being the efficient project manager, was on the phone Thursday night talking to all who would be involved in fixing this error.  Friday (shift day) morning he met all involved at the house and made his instruction clear, then left them to do the job.  I came around after dropping off the children to find a terrible mess in the main bathroom.  The tiler was fantastic I'm not sure if he spoke much english because as I shook my head in horror he just smiled and bowed his head as if to reassure me he would have it fixed in no time.

Whilst the tiler was busy behind closed doors I was beginning the packing/unpacking phase.  As this  was shift day my main objective was to get the kitchen functioning before the end of the day.  Sleeves rolled up I set about on my mission. I was totally impressed with Mr Tilerman because I left the house to go and get more stuff from rented house I was gone maybe a couple of hours.  When I returned Mr Tilerman was packing up his car, was he really finished?  Yes indeed he had completed the job and cleaned up all the mess (regret not taking photo of mess).  I went outside and shook the mans hand and thanked him so so much, he bowed his head smiled and replied no problem. 

With Tilerman gone it was Mr Sparkys turn to put the towel rail in the correct position and hook it up to the power source.  Being that Mr Sparky was the intelligent person who put it on in the wrong place to begin with I felt his uneasiness as my big beady eyes watched him.  I was encouraging though saying thats perfect....... (ok slightly sarcastic).  He had redeemed himself when all was put right.  Following him was Jane the gibstopper/painter she mended the holes and repainted the ensuite and by 5pm Friday afternoon the disaster was fixed.




All in a days work and a job well done thanks everyone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails