Monday, May 10, 2010

Tough & Yuck

I consider myself to be a good cook. One of my favourite dishes I love to cook is a roast dinner.  Whilst at the supermarket I was in the meat department and I had an urge to cook a roast.  So I found a nice roast mutton @ $11.00 a little on the expensive side but I really wanted a roast dinner so I purchased it.  I prepared it with herbs and seasoning and placed it in my slow cooker and went off to bed leaving my roast to cook.  When I awoke the smell throughout the house was yummy. I so wanted to eat it right there and then.  However I refrained and went to get the children from school/daycare.  I prepared the veges and approx an hour later I took out the meat, which had been slowly cooking for 7 hours.  I was looking forward carving this soft tender juicey meat.  Oh my goodness it was as tough as old boots and full of gristle and fat and it was totally disgusting I needed a chainsaw to cut this rubber.  Oh how disappointed I felt for two reasons: 1) I had been dreaming about my dinner and was really looking forward to it and 2) The money I had spent made me a little bit angry.  Lucky the roast veges and gravey were still delicious.  I took a photo and when I look at it I can understand why some people are vegetarians.



1 comment:

Angela said...

You know what I'm going to say! WRITE AWAY! There must be some brand/company on the plastic! I would be letting them know you thought you were paying for a cut of meat worthy of human consumption - not dog food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails