Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Curtains

Chosing the curtains for the house is a process I dread because I've had some terrible experiences.  Once when Dave renovated one of our many houses I purchased some pre-made curtains took them home ironed all 10 curtains gathered all 10 and put all 10 up, only  to have Dave arrive home screw his face up and say "no don't like them take them back". Could you imagine what my face looked like???? I hate gathering curtains its a process that has to look even and when you live with a man who has an eye for detail its tough.  The next house I got pre-made again and was a bit more clever showed the hubby before taking them out of the bag and then I only ironed one lot of curtain and put it up and awaited the approval from him in doors and lucky for me cause he did not approve.  Apparently its another whole look when they are out of the packaging go figure.

Building the next house I did get a curtain expert in and they made and put up the curtains which was awesome however,  when it came to selling the house some of the comments where the curtains were bland and why have the same coloured curtain in every room.

This time Ive gone with another curtain expert and I told her to give me options.  So I went in for a consultation and was most impressed with her choice of fabric and colours.  The greatest thing of all Dave really really likes them too which is a bonus. 

So readers what is your opininon??

Our bedroom

The lounge


The kids/spare room in a Roman Blind style

As we have three large windows in the lounge we are going to go with blinds as this will still give us wall space and not over power the lounge with lots of curtains these blinds will be a dark grey with a stainless steel rod (to blend with the kitchen appliance).  As we await the quote I hope they come within budget as I do not want to go through the whole process again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails