Monday, May 17, 2010

The Bricks Go On




On Wednesday I had to meet the building inspector so he could approve the pre-line inspection. All but one thing passed and we couldn't get that passed off until the bricks were three quaters on. I rang Dave to tell him the not so good news. He was on the case and rang the brick supplier who unfortunately forgot to inform Dave that the bricks we wanted were not in the country and weren't able to get any for a couple of months. I would have been a little angry about that but not Dave he just changed to another colour and I must admit I like these bricks way better than the others.

Friday came and the bricks are placed on the section already for the brickies to come and start work. Dave informs me that they will have it done in two Saturdays?????? Really????? I don't think so.
Saturday and Nicholas, Kate and I go off to the soccer tournament. I left at 8.30am and arrived at the section at 2pm. WOW!! these brick layers do not muck around they are a working machine. I think there were approx 8 guys there and they had completed over half the house. If they didn't have to wait for the building inspector to come and inspect the cavity space I think they would have had the whole house completed. IMPRESSIVE!!!





Dave meanwhile is busy inside putting on door handles and starting to line the walls and generally just potting around with odd jobs.  The gibbies and gibstopping should start next week followed by the painters and then the kitchen so stay tuned for more on the Finnie Family Home.


1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow! Your kids are going to love looking through these posts when they're older and have spent years in that home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails