Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome to the Whanau

Fred and Gwen and the Pirate
I love goldfish and for many years I have had fish outside in a pond. Since moving Fred the fish (the only one who survived out of 5) has been sitting on our bench in a bowl waiting for me to clean the outside pond and put him back in it. Kate and Nicholas really like watching Fred this made me consider moving Fred inside. Nicholas also felt Fred needed a buddy to keep him company. So on Saturday we went to the local garden centre in search of a inside tank and perhaps a new fish.
They had lots of big goldfish and I couldn't resist I had to have one. Nicholas chose the longest one and I really thought Fred was big but he's a baby compared to our new fish who we have named Gwen. Lucky for us they had a inside tank on display which came with everything you need to setup and it was dumb proof so even I could set it up for $100 a bargin I thought and I really liked the pirate ornament.
Consequently we have an inside tank with two fish and the kids love it and I must admit I really like having them inside too so I can ponder over them and think calmly.
Gwen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails