Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Procrastinate or Not?

So we have been out of our old house since Dec 23 2009 and the handover for money/house is 15th Jan 2010. I figured that would give me plenty of time to go back and finish cleaning the old house completely. However!!!!!! one has procrastinated and now its the 13th Jan and I haven't been back to the old house alas I have to pull my finger out and get there.
Our lovely neighbours had been over to weed the garden bless them really but it meant I needed to find away to get rid of all those weeds time wasn't on my side. Thank goodness for Mr Green who whipped up today and gave the section a once over and took away all the weeds.
I think the reason for my procrastinating is the dreaded oven cleaning I really HATE cleaning ovens its the worst job ever. Every time I move house I always say to myself I must clean the oven at least once a month but I never do and so the consequence is an oven nightmare. This oven was no exception either gross.
The lovely neighbour had also been around the section and found things we had left or should I say Dave left (on purpose) I think hence that loaded my car up to the top.
Kate was awesome wee helper but mostly she sat on a stool and watched Hi 5 on the lap top.
Finally the kitchen is mopped and everything was clean and looking good. Hopefully the new owners will be well pleased with my efforts.
Its funny generally when I leave a house for the last time I always have a sense of sadness but not this time I felt really happy GOODBYE 16 Galloway Street thanks for the memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails