Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Official

Ben was confirmed as a member of the church on Sunday. At first we didn't think it was going to happen as President Lydiate forgot but no worries he just slipped it in between speakers.
Ben asked Dave to give him the blessing as well as Phil, Mikey, Ivor, John, Andrew and Elder Fullmer. Unfortunately Dave is not the loudest speaker and because there were a few priesthood they couldn't stand near the microphone so I could not hear it.
Dave is such a great priesthood holder and takes his role very seriously. When ever he is asked to give a blessing etc he generally fast. I always remembered he was asked to go and give Ange a blessing it was his first time. I remember how he prepared that morning and he fasted and he got dressed in his suite and prayed read his scriptures and off he went. Before he left he asked me you don't think I'm over dressed do ya?? Of course I love seeing Dave in his suite so I said no way I'm sure thats what you should wear and I know Haki will be all dressed up. When he got home he was different from when he left in a fantastic way its hard to describe how he looked. I asked him how it went and he said it was a awesome experience. I carried on to say and was Haki all dressed up Dave smiled and said not exactly....
Anyway back to the confirmation, Dave had studied and memorised what he had to say etc However when he started I noticed one of the men whispering to him. Apparently Dave thought he was giving Ben the Aaronic priesthood. As we couldn't hear I could only assume the rest of the priesthood were helping Dave out.
When Dave got back he told me what the problem was but because he was being supported by the other priesthood he did not feel embarrassed and still felt the spirit to give Ben the holy ghost and confirm him as a member. I must admit if that was Dave a year ago he would have crumbled and probably past it on to someone else to do. I told Dave that I couldn't even tell and I was so proud of him.
Ben was glowing and he really felt the spirit he gave me a big cuddle and now his journey begins......
I thought I was going to have to wait at least 7 years before I could see one of my sons (Nicholas) pass the sacrament but I feel so blessed that it will be only a matter of weeks when I will be able to watch my other son Ben pass the sacrament.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Dave was an example to Haki that day! Dave did things exactly as he should. And I was honoured.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails