Monday, July 06, 2009

It's Ridiculous!!!!!!

Last week my aunt from my dad side passed away and as she was someone special I knew I had to go to the funeral. I also found out that my other siblings and dad were also attending. My aunt lives in Palmerston North which meant a plane trip. So on the net I go to book some flights for Kate and myself. Oh my gosh to fly from Dunedin to Palmerston North return was going to cost $700 via Air New Zealand, I couldn't believe it, how can they justify that price. I searched and searched and final the cheapest way for me to get there would be to fly to Wellington and hire a car and drive to Palmy. I booked my flights through Pacific Blue and so all up with car hire $390. I still felt it was pricey but it was best I could do. I found out that my youngest brother spent over $700 to get there totally ripped off. I don't understand why it is so expensive to fly in your own country but way cheaper to fly to Australia it seems ridiculous!!!!!

1 comment:

Alicia K said...

I agree. I herd that ONE of the reasons as to why they started to have weeks at our temple dedicated to certain areas of the country was because many people where traveling over to Australia to go to the temple because it was cheaper. Go figure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails