Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Kate 08

August already and Kate is 5 months old where has the time gone?? So let me introduce my precious daughter Kate Sarah Finnie. Kate was born March 6th 2008 (hence the name Kate 08) Her name was given to her by her brother Nicholas even before we knew she was a girl. Dave and I had other names we liked but Nicholas was adament that she was a girl and her name was going to be Kate!! Lucky for him when we found out it was a girl I was so relieved as it might have been a problem having a son named Kate. The pregnancy was a typical Paula pregnancy sick, uncomfortable, swollen ankles etc and giving birth was not something I was really looking forward too. My previous three births were not the straight forward type. Nicholas being a C-section, Ben should have been a C-section but not and the complication of not having one is another whole story and Stacey it took her 3 1/2 weeks overdue before they forced her out. Why would this birth be any different? Thursday 6th March at 2am I woke uncomfortable and needing to pee I didn't feel right (all previous births I was induced) so going into labour was something of a new experience I kept asking myself is this it?? By 6am I knew it really was it!! I rang my midwife she told me not to panick and to meet her at Queen Mary at 7am. So I woke everyone up and off we went. Here is a photo of the last moment of having my bump.
At 8am things were going well my midwife told us that Kate would be with us by lunchtime. Nicholas was getting rather impatient as 4 year old boys do and became a little annoying for a person preparing herself to give birth. So Dave and I decided he should go hang out with his buddies at Montessorri. We had time for Dave to shoot up the road and be back in time for the grand entry. Stacey would look after me until then which was awesome having my eldest daughter there to see her baby sister be born. So Dave and Nicholas left at 8.30am and Stacey held my hand ( I should have cut my nails). Within 15min of leaving things were happening faster than anticipated I knew then that Dave was going to miss the birth. So Stacey was my coach and she was fantastic very supportive and I'm sure she'll never forget those moments. At 0900am Kate Sarah Finnie was born Stacey cut the cord and before I could say how is she, she was tossed into my arms. She felt so hot and soft and she was perfect.
0905am Dave walks in and was thrilled she had arrived safely and everyone was great. Weighing in at 8lb 12oz I was amazed that I didn't need stitches and I only used the gas at the end I was so proud of myself and to experience a "normal" delivery was an awesome feeling. With the midwife happy all was well I was able to go home. So at 1130am my dearest friend/sister Annemarie bought in the carseat and we left the hospital. We stopped at Montessorri to pick up Nicholas who was so excited to finally see his sister and just kissed her heaps rather over the top but cute. By 1230pm Kate was tucked up in her bed and I was laying on the couch thinking what a busy morning it had been............

3 hours old

And so 5 month older and my how she has grown and smiling heaps and rolling. I have tried to start solids but not interested. Nicholas is still OTT with her and loves her to bits even more so now that she laughs at him when he plays peek-a-boo. Last month she was blessed by her daddy which was so special and beautiful. Well more stories will follow so until next time.....

Kate Sarah Finnie

5 months

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails