Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleeping with the Saviour

Not so long ago I bought a new picture of the Saviour to put on the mantel piece. I thought, what could I do with the old picture. Nicholas asked if he could have it in his room I said what a great idea. Nicholas takes the picture of Jesus and places it on his bookcase beside his bed. Lately when I've been going in at night to make sure he is tucked in before I go to bed, I've noticed Jesus was not on the bookcase but in bed with Nicholas. When I try to move it Nicholas must sense its being move and slaps his hand on the picture as if to say DON"T TOUCH. I asked him one morning why he sleeps with the picture of Jesus? He replies cause I love him and I sleep better with him there.
On Friday we went to Wanaka for the weekend and when we got to our motel Nicholas was playing on his bed and then a horror look came over his face. Oh no guess what mum?? What I said. I left Jesus at home how am I going to sleep? I told Nicholas that Jesus lives in our hearts and that he is with us always. Nicholas thought about it but I don't think he was convinced. When I opened our bag Jesus's picture was laying right on top of the clothes. Nicholas I said look what I found as I pulled the picture out of the bag a sense of relieve was on Nicholas face and a big smile "give it to me please mum" and he places Jesus under his pillow. Just then Dave walked in and Nicholas said look dad Jesus is with us .......... I looked at Dave and he said he put it in just in case.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love that Dave packed it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails