Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dave Graduates

On Friday 20/3/09 Dave graduated with a diploma in Construction Quantity Survey. Its been a long time coming and well deserved. Nicholas, Kate and I went to the town hall to watch Dave graduate. I was well prepared with food, drinks, and quiet entertainment for the kids as graduation does tend to go on for quiet sometime. Still spent most of the time out in the foyer pushing Kate around in the pram popping my head in the door to see if Dave was next.
The ceremony started and as the graduates marched into the hall there was lots of clapping and cheering from me and then I was totally blown away when the carpentry students as they walked/stumbled in. What a bunch of scruffy hobo's they stunk of alcohol and acted like stupid adolescents. These blokes were graduating with other people who had done there masters and post grad dipolmas etc. To top it off when they walked across the stage some were just idiots. What a kick in the guts to those students who had worked hard to have these boys make the graduation a joke. I mean these carpentry students were getting a certificate for passing a pre-trade entry certificate most of them probably don't have an apprenticeship yet. As for the bloke who won the Naylor Love Scholarship (he would have known he was the successful recepient) he couldn't even make the effort to look a little descent. I don't know maybe I'm a snob but I think graduation is a special moment and thus looking respectable is part of it don't you think????

1 comment:

Angela said...

Amee and I have just finished reading, and we so so agree!

You only do it once, and it makes a mockery of the event for those who have worked hard and deserve their accolades.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails