Monday, March 02, 2009

The Boarders

Now that Stacey has left home and Ben only comes home occasionally we had two empty rooms so Dave and I decided to take on a boarder. Lucky for us Alison from church was looking to board this year and so I offered her the room she accepted and so she has been with us for a week. Also I agreed to look after Andrew and Mary Mitchell boarder whilst they were in Korea so Louisa moved in too. This past week has been awesome I have really enjoyed both girls and we have had some laughs. I played scrabble for the first time and lost. I helped Louisa with her hair and funny they asked me what I wore in the 80's as they were going to a YSA dance 80's theme. That prompted me to get out my photo albums just to see what I did wear in the 80's they had a good laugh at my expense (actually I was laughing just as much). Alison introduced me to Heros which is great although I'm not up with the play with all the characters and I don't really know what its about and now its not on anymore. I have found that I watch less TV and we've had some great conversation, even tonight Dave and I found ourselves bearing our testimonies and telling the girls our life history the good the bad and the ugly it made us realise we were so comfortable with them that we could talk so openly. I'm generally not the shy type anyway but Dave is somewhat reserved. The hardest thing for me this week was establishing boundaries with both girls. Moreso with Louisa as she is the same age as Stacey my mother instincts kicked in a couple of times. One night I was just going off to bed and she wasn't home I asked myself should I text and ask when she was coming home or is that crossing the boundaries. Although I didn't text I did get up during the night to check that she was home just like I use to do with Stacey. Louisa leaves us today but I told her she is welcome back anytime. As for Alison I'm sure we are going to have good times. Dave is just happy to have a BMW parked outside the house

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails