Monday, October 20, 2008

Family Traditions

Lately Dave and I have been talking about family traditions. As a child I don't have any memories of family traditions only family violence. Dave couldn't remember any traditions either. So we decided to start our own tradition with our family. So on Saturday we went out and bought a tent and heaps of camping gear and we are going to go camping this Christmas and every other Christmas and create awesome family memories as we watch Nicholas and Kate grow up. We were lucky that most of the shops were having a huge camping gear sale. Dave loves to shop at Kathmandhu so off we went and managed to buy 1 large dome tent, 3 deck chairs, 1 double airbed, 2 single airbeds, 1 latern, 3 sleeping bags and a electric air pump a total cost of $950 WHAT a Bargin a saving of $660. We are all very excited Nicholas keeps asking us are we going camping today how bout tomorrow. Dave has never really had good experience when it comes to camping (school camps were a disaster for Dave). I had great experience I love school camps we did real cool stuff and when I left school approx 18-19years old I was asked to go and be a camp mum for my old school Kurow Area it was a blast and I got to experience both sides of the spectrum i.e. the student side and the adult side. Huxley camps were the best.
Dave has never been to Wanaka so this Christmas we will head up to Wanaka for our first family holiday. Glendhu bay looks like a good camp site. I can't wait and hopefully we can gather other families to come camping as well and that could be a tradition as well. Oooooooo this could be the start of a wonderful adventure............................

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails