Saturday, September 06, 2008

Thank Goodness for IT Daughter

Here I am been sitting here for at 2 hours trying my hardest to work out how I could get my favourite people/bloggers on my page so I could just access them when ever I wanted. I tried several ways oh my gosh much frustration and then in walks my wonderful daughter Stacey. She sensed the frustration I was experiencing (maybe because I was not talking nice to the computer). She asks me what's up I explain my problem and she paused click the mouse a couple of times and in a few seconds she had done it. She was off out the door when I said "hang on how did you do that?" With much patients she showed me so easy once you know how. So now good people I can read all your stories YEAH.
This week the family has been down with the coughs and colds and haven't ventured out much. My mother in law is still staying with us and its great having her. Gordon (her husband) took a turn for the worse on Tuesday but has since bounced back and hopefully is on the up (providing mum doesn't wash her hair). I took Nicholas to the doctor yesterday as his coughing was driving me insane and to my amazement the doctor informed me his ears were raging with infection and one ear on the brink of bursting and yet he never complained he was sore. I told Dave and he said well actually he did mention it the other night WOOPS never mind the AB's are in the system doing its deed. I wasn't feeling that flash myself and for a moment I thought I had the dreaded norovirus that has been spreading rapidly at work but false alarm thank goodness.
5 weeks to go and Nicholas will be at school, time surely does fly. I must say I am feeling rather emotional about it and although he is at Montessorri 4 days a week, so things wont change that much, I still have a lump in my throat just thinking about it. This is an end of another chapter and the start of a new one. I felt secure knowing that Nicholas is one of the big boys at Montessorri and he didn't have to worry about being bullied or picked on but school means he's the small fish in a real big pond and the challenges he will face I pray and hope he'll cope. So for the next year or so my insecurity will be high and over protected mum will kick in.
He had his first school visit on Wednesday and so Nicholas, Kate and myself walked up to Mornington Primary. Standing on the footpath we looked up at the school to me it looked big, I'm sure to Nicholas it must have looked huge. Now the school is not pushchair friendly (alot of stairs) so it was a matter of carrying the pushchair up and up. We approached his classroom and we had a few more stairs that needed climbing so Nicholas went on in front whilst I carried the pushchair with Kate in it. I turned to see where Nicholas had gone I couldn't find him (PANICK) then out came Ms Gray and she pointed me to the mat where Nicholas had walked straight into the classroom found his old buddy from Montessorri Trevor-Shane and was sitting arms folded legs crossed listening to the story being read to them. Ms Gray said "he's made himself at home already" I stayed and watched and it was hard to hold back the tears ( I let a few run out though). Nicholas approached me and said you can go now mum I'll be fine you pick me up at 3. As it was 2.50 I wasn't about to lug Kate and pushchair down only to come back up so I said to Nicholas next visit you can stay by yourself........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails