Monday, September 22, 2008

PIZZA HUT RIP OFF

Tuesday my husband Dave flew away to Windy Wellington and so that left Nicholas and I at home alone for tea. What could we have now the our health freak of a daddy had left??? Nicholas wanted pizza and then I remembered its TUESDAY!!! that's missionary tea night and Dave was not there. Good idea Nicholas lets order the missionaries and us a pizza then the missionaries can take the pizza and go home. I couldn't be bothered packing all the kids up in the car so I thought why not get it delivered. So online I go and all went well half n hour later the pizza arrives. Nicholas and I stuffed our face and then the phone went???? Hello my name is Katrina from Pizza Hut how are you this evening." fine thanks the pizza is great I said. "Yes I'm ringing to inform you that due to technical complication we couldn't process your payment via your credit card" Oh I said. "Yes would it be possible to pay by cash" Well no I don't have any. "Well would it be possible for you to drive to the south Pizza hut branch and pay by eft post?' "I will give you a discount lets say two pizza's for $15.00 (originally $29.00 for delivery)." Okay that shall be fine I'll go down once I've finished my tea. "Thanks so much and for ordering from Pizza Hut you have a good evening." So after Nicholas and I had had our fill (Nicholas wanted to save two pieces for his dad) I packed the kids into the car and off we went to Pizza Hut South to pay our $15.00 and drove home feeling a little ripped off. Thursday was payday so I checked my bank accounts and blow n behold Pizza Hut had charged me $31.00 on my credit card I search for a credit by alas it was not there so now my original $29.00 pizza's had now cost me $46.00 OH I FEEL SO RIPPED OFF. Hey Ange what advice do you suggest???? I'm so angry

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you asked! Because if you hadn't, I was going to give unsolicited, no-holdding-back advice anyway!

I see two possible options (apart from "doing nothing" - which I do not consider an ACTUAL option, it's really a non-option).

Option 1:
Speak with the store manager and calmly explain you a) want your money back, and b) want them to make up for your time and hassle - because the situation has made you feel like you don't want to order from them anymore (it's too much trouble). The greasier you are, the better. Going in mad does nothing. If you say, "We were SO excited, we were SO cool to order online, and we were pretty accommodating to drive down...but NOW..." it goes down well.

Option 2:
Skip the manager, and think big! Write a letter / online complaint at the Pizza Hut site detailing the incident, then the entire branch gets the hand-slap and the head cheeses make it up to you.

I'm not sure who will be more generous, but I'm happy to come along and be your "counsel" if you chicken out on speaking up.

But trust me, you should get MORE than a refund, they should win your trust back!

Be a crafty consumer!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails