Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Princess & Guinea

Princess & Guinea


Over the past 3 weeks I have been animal sitting for our friends, whilst they whisked off to Perth for their daughters baptism.  I was somewhat nervous about this as these little darlings are the joy and very very precious pets to two lovely girls.  The rabbit (Princess) was imported from Perth when the family shifted here and it cost a little bit of money to do that. 

The first week it rained and rained and rained I got a big sheet of plastic and covered their little shelter.  The bedding was soaked so I went to the pet shop and it was so much fun looking at all the animals I was tempted to buy a little rabbit myself but instead I spoilt my new stay overs.  I got them some nice soft pine bedding which is suppose to absorb moisture and odour which is good because guinea tends to do her toilet stuff inside her house. The shop also sold treats and nuts and I also got them a cool drinking bottle.  All geared up I went home and cleaned out the sloppy mess and laid the new bedding it looked very comfortable.  I set up the new drink bottle and dished up the nuts and treats not to mention the apples and carrot and silverbeet leaves.  I came back to see how they were enjoying the new stuff only to find half the bedding kicked out of the shelter ungrateful critters (or perhaps I put to much in).
I had to move the cage every three to four hours because our grass was so short they would tear the lawn up and the landlord would not be a happy chappy.  Consequently I took them around to the new house as there is lots of grass. Worried they would get stolen or mauled by dogs or cats I visited them 2-3 times a day.

I have grown to like these little ones and now the owners are home I will miss them.  Who knows maybe I will take another trip to the pet shop...............................


Princess eating nuts and the new water bottle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails