Sunday, February 15, 2009

Being Grateful

My darling husband had his birthday on Friday 13th February and I find it so very hard to buy for him. He is what you call "fussy" However I know he likes stuff from R&R sports and he has a marathon coming up in March. So being the thoughtful wife I endeavour to buy my husband a throughtful and practical gift. An ice breaker running shirt and a hip pack to carry bits and pieces and two drink bottles were perfect. Feeling quite proud of myself I wrapped them and felt confident Dave would appreciate them. Oh how wrong was I, Friday morning came and Nicholas gives his daddy his present. I was waiting for the oh thats awesome speech but alas the first thing to come out was "you spent too much money" followed by is that the only colour they had and then finally will that hip pack really work??? Well I was not impressed and felt like he had kicked me in the guts. Sparks flew and we parted on angry terms (I hate that). The day went by and Dave rang from work asking me would I be offended if he exchanged the gift after work? OFFENDED!!! you think. Well I could go two ways with this the good path or the bad path. Still feeling betrayed I did pursue down the bad path for a moment but at the end of the day it was his birthday so just let it be Paula. I really hate giving gift vouchers it feels like no thought has gone into the gift but I think Dave will be getting one next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails