Monday, December 08, 2008

Pulling Strings

As branch chorister I get to choose the hymns we will sing every Sunday its great fun. At conference Sherry asked me if we could sing 212 Far Far Away on Judeas Plain. I told her that was the plan and that I generally start the Christmas Programme with that song. During the week President Lydiate rang and told me that we wouldn't be doing the Christsmas programme until 21st. All I could think of was Sherry especially it was their last Sunday with us before the head back home to the USA. All week I was trying to find away to slot the hymn in without anyone noticing but on Saturday I text the hymns that did not include 212. On Sunday I got to church and explained to Sherry the dilema and that I was so sorry. I then noticed the hymn board had not changed from the morning session so I quickly started changing the numbers and I felt really bad that I couldn't do that hymn for Sherry so I plucked up some courage and explained to the President that Sherry and Eric were leaving us and that 212 was Sherry's hymn could we please do it today (crossing all fingers and toes) he said sure make it the closing hymn YES (I said inside). Sometime pulling strings does work YEAH! So here's to Sherry and Eric awesome couple and will miss them heaps. Lucky for blogging I shall be able to keep in contact with them and still enjoy her entertaining stories and photos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails