Saturday, December 06, 2008

Life at the Finnie's

Its 19 days til Christmas where has the year gone. Well life at the Finnie's has been rather hectic and stressful. Last week Dave saw a section in Mornington for sale. It was on a slope however the section itself was flat and Dave felt he could build on it. We were both really excited and like Dave and I we rushed in and put a offer on it 60,000 which was rejected but 68,000 later it was accepted they had it on the market for 79,000 so it was a good purchase. Dave immediately started to draw up plans a two storey pole house. However when Dave started estimating the cost and then we got an agent around to value our house the figures were not adding up well for us. Furthermore dave found out the road down to the section was a private and that would require us to have a keyhole driveway as you cannot back out onto a private road. It also mean't that we would be responsible for the maintenance of the road, Dave could just see lots of $$$$$$$ so we decided to pull out of the contract. Although I was a little sad about it I know the most important thing to me is a stressed free husband. The good news is hopefully in the near future the old kitchen will go and a new one installed. I'll enjoy designing it myself. School is nearly over for Nicholas and they are practicing for the concert which is next week I'm looking forward to that. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the school holidays as this will be the first time I will have Nicholas at home with me the whole time. When he was at Montessori they only closed for two weeks and then the kids all went back and that was long enough for me and for Nicholas. School holidays run for about 6 weeks Yipes what will we do??? Kate has started walking around the furniture and enjoys moving around crawling eveywhere and attempting to climb the stairs. Stacey has decided to go flatting for a month I wouldn't mind or worry so much if she was flatting with other LDS but she's not and from what she tells me its party party party life I'm not happy about it and will worry heaps but I know I have to let her go sometime to stand on her own two feet. Last week was conference and I missed most of it but the concert was great and had a good time Sunday was wonderful and the choir sang beautiful thanks to our awesome chorister. Last night we had Dave's works dinner at the musem it was lovely setting the meal was great (its free). Then its off to work and I'm doing 4 nights this week I must remember never to say yes to things unless I check it out first. I was brave and went to see the dentist last week (haven't been for 3 years) he was pleased with my hygiene I had one new filling and he wants to replace 3 old ones $600 worth. I wish we could find cheap fillings online. Well we are heading to Ashvegas for Xmas with my brother should be good and then the last week in January we are heading up to Glendhu Bay for our first ever camping trip now that will be interesting watch the space for the post. Hope everyone has a great Christmas break and remember what Christmas is truly about

2 comments:

Angela said...

"I wish we could find cheap fillings online."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sherry said...

Bummer to hear about the house falling through! But, I'm glad you found out about the bad things before too late.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails